Epilogue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epilogue

Mess with us, we'll write your final chapter.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)

Go down 
+4
Shriek Owl
Bowdin
Bi0Hazard
Alarm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alarm

Alarm

Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) Empty
PostSubject: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:40 am

"Dear valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday)."

http://maintenance.station.sony.com/

Last edited by Alarm on Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bi0Hazard

Bi0Hazard

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:26 am

Yep this sux servers be down T.T affraid
Back to top Go down
Bowdin

Bowdin

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:25 pm

B flower flower flower i0Hazard wrote:
Yep this sux servers be down T.T affraid
Back to top Go down
Shriek Owl

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:57 pm

Quote :
Customer Service Notification
May 2, 2011

Dear Valued Sony Online Entertainment Customer:
Our ongoing investigation of illegal intrusions into Sony Online Entertainment systems has discovered that hackers may have obtained personal customer information from SOE systems. We are today advising you that the personal information you provided us in connection with your SOE account may have been stolen in a cyber-attack. Stolen information includes, to the extent you provided it to us, the following: name, address (city, state, zip, country), email address, gender, birthdate, phone number, login name and hashed password.

Customers outside the United States should be advised that we further discovered evidence that information from an outdated database from 2007 containing approximately 12,700 non-US customer credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates (but not credit card security codes) and about 10,700 direct debit records listing bank account numbers of certain customers in Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Spain may have also been obtained. We will be notifying each of those customers promptly.

There is no evidence that our main credit card database was compromised. It is in a completely separate and secured environment.

We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1st we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the attack and as a result, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off all SOE game services;
2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When SOE's services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your Station or SOE game account name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports. We are providing the following information for those who wish to consider it:

U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free (877) 322-8228.

We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S. credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus place a "fraud alert" on your file that alerts creditors to take additional steps to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. This service can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. Note, however, that because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you, it also may delay your ability to obtain credit while the agency verifies your identity. As soon as one credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, the others are notified to place fraud alerts on your file. Should you wish to place a fraud alert, or should you have any questions regarding your credit report, please contact any one of the agencies listed below.

Experian: 888-397-3742; www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
Equifax: 800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
TransUnion: 800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

You may wish to visit the web site of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at www.consumer.gov/idtheft or reach the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 or 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580 for further information about how to protect yourself from identity theft. Your state Attorney General may also have advice on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your State Attorney General, and the FTC. For North Carolina residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001; telephone (877) 566-7226; or www.ncdoj.gov. For Maryland residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202; telephone: (888) 743-0023; or www.oag.state.md.us.

We are committed to helping our customers protect their personal data and we will provide a complimentary offering to assist users in enrolling in identity theft protection services and/or similar programs. The implementation will be at a local level and further details will be made available shortly in regions in which such programs are commonly utilized.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1 (866) 436-6698 should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sony Online Entertainment LLC

This could take some time. We may see a general population decrease among all their games if this takes very long. I hope accts get comp'd time if it does.
Back to top Go down
SilentNite

PostSubject: Back up - sometime   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:04 pm

I still think they are trying to shoot for having the system recovered by Friday. If not, I see a lot of people (that are left) leaving the game.

And yes as was stated in vent today, the PS3 Network has been down for 2+ weeks. So here is hoping.
Back to top Go down
Bowdin

Bowdin

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:51 pm

PRESS RELEASE
Australia (AUS) Germany (DE) Switzerland (CH) Ireland (IRL) Japan (JA) United Kingdom (UK)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Info
Puerto Rico Residents
Massachusetts Residents
Security Update
SONY ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES THEFT OF DATA FROM ITS SYSTEMS
Breach Believed to Stem From Initial Criminal Hack of SOE

Tokyo, May 3, 2011 - Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment announced today that their ongoing investigation of illegal intrusions into Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE, the company) systems revealed yesterday morning (May 2, Tokyo time) that hackers may have stolen SOE customer information on April 16th and 17th, 2011 (PDT). SOE is based in San Diego, California, U.S.A.

This information, which was discovered by engineers and security consultants reviewing SOE systems, showed that personal information from approximately 24.6 million SOE accounts may have been stolen, as well as certain information from an outdated database from 2007. The information from the outdated database that may have been stolen includes approximately 12,700 non-U.S. credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates (but not credit card security codes), and about 10,700 direct debit records of certain customers in Austria, Germany, Netherlands and Spain.

With the current outage of the PlayStation® Network and Qriocity™ services and the ongoing investigation into the recent attacks, SOE had also undertaken an intensive investigation into its system. Upon discovery of this additional information, the company promptly shut down all servers related to SOE services while continuing to review and upgrade all of its online security systems in the face of these unprecedented cyber-attacks.

On May 1, Sony apologized to its customers for the inconvenience caused by its network services outages. The company is working with the FBI and continuing its own full investigation while working to restore all services.

Sony is making this disclosure as quickly as possible after the discovery of the theft, and the company has posted information on its website and will send e-mails to all consumers whose data may have been stolen.

The personal information of the approximately 24.6 million SOE accounts that was illegally obtained, to the extent it had been provided to SOE, is as follows:

name
address
e-mail address
birthdate
login name
hashed password.
In addition to the information above, the 10,700 direct debit records from accounts in Austria, Germany, Netherlands and Spain, include:

bank account number
customer name
account name
customer address.
SOE will grant customers 30 days of additional time on their subscriptions, in addition to compensating them one day for each day the system is down. It is also in the process of outlining a "make good" plan for its PlayStation®3 MMOs (DC Universe Online and Free Realms). More information will be released this week.

Additionally, the company is committed to helping its customers protect their personal data and will provide a complimentary offering to assist users in enrolling in identity theft protection services and/or similar programs. The implementation will be at a local level and further details will be made available shortly in each region.

Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) has been a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games since 1999. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Clone Wars Adventures™, and DC Universe Online™, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for virtually all platforms, including the PlayStation®3 Computer Entertainment System, Personal Computer, mobile and social networks. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of the interactive entertainment space through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.

For more information and update about the SOE services, please visit www.soe.com/securityupdate.

About Sony Corporation
Sony Corporation is a leading manufacturer of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and on-line businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Sony recorded consolidated annual sales of approximately $78 billion for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. Sony Global Web Site: http://www.sony.net/

About Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Recognized as the global leader and company responsible for the progression of consumer-based computer entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) manufactures, distributes and markets the PlayStation® game console, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) system. PlayStation has revolutionized home entertainment by introducing advanced 3D graphic processing, and PlayStation 2 further enhances the PlayStation legacy as the core of home networked entertainment. PSP is a handheld entertainment system that allows users to enjoy 3D games, with high-quality full-motion video, and high-fidelity stereo audio. PS3 is an advanced computer system, incorporating the state-of-the-art Cell processor with super computer like power. SCEI, along with its subsidiary divisions Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd., and Sony Computer Entertainment Korea Inc. develops, publishes, markets and distributes software, and manages the third party licensing programs for these platforms in the respective markets worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, SCEI is an independent business unit of the Sony Group.
Back to top Go down
Alarm

Alarm

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:55 pm

For suffering through downtime, we'll get a batman-inspired head style and 30+ free days (30 plus the days down). Not sure when they'll be back but I heard rumors that it'll definitely be by Friday, if not earlier.

Can check out periodic updates from their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/DCUniverseOnline
Back to top Go down
SilentNite

PostSubject: Free Time   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:39 am

I heard about the free time and I also heard that they are trying to get it back up by this weekend. And god I hope so Smile
Back to top Go down
Bowdin

Bowdin

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:05 pm

May 4, 2011

We want to thank you again for your patience as we work to get the SOE services back up and running. We received several questions and comments relating to the criminal attack to our network and would like to address some of the most common questions today. We are also going to continue to post updates to this website with new information as they become available.

We appreciate your continued patience and feedback.

Thank you,

Sony Online Entertainment

When will SOE's services be back online?

We have been working around the clock to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some of our games and services up and running soon. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we believe that the network is secure.

How is the SOE intrusion related to the PSN/Qriocity intrusion? Was this a second attack on SOE?

While the two systems are distinct and operated separately, given that they are both under the Sony umbrella, there is some degree of overlap in design. The attacks were similar in nature. This is NOT a second attack; new information has been discovered as part of our ongoing investigation into the criminal attack in April.

How is SOE planning to notify customers whose data may have been stolen?

We are sending out customer service notification emails to the email addresses we have on file for the accounts that were affected. These emails will be sent by Innovyx, our third party email distributor, and contained either 'soe.innovyx.net' or 'soe.sony.com' in the sender field.

SOE initially thought no data was extracted, what changed?

Essentially the perpetrators used sophisticated means not only to access the data, but also to cover their tracks. We committed to continue the investigation and in doing so, uncovered further information that we did not have when we initially believed the data was not stolen.
Back to top Go down
Alarm

Alarm

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

A correction to my earliest post: I guess my source was wrong or I misheard him because it's not Friday or earlier, it's Friday or possibly later. So in the meantime, I hope you have some productive things to get out of the way or some other games to play, books to read, movies to watch. Here's the quote from an official source.

"Rodriguez added that Sony Online Entertainment’s network would be shut down until Friday and possibly longer. The company has contacted the FBI to investigate the attack."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/may/03/sony-data-breach-may-lead-spear-phishing-scams/

Will try to keep people updated if I hear anything.
Back to top Go down
Lord Kraytt

Lord Kraytt

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 8:49 am

The DCU Facebook page seems to be the most "up to date" in terms of when things may be coming back. They don't say much today other than "sorry, not up yet":

"We regret that we were unable to bring services back online today, and continue to work hard on the issue!"

Posted at 12:00 am EST.

Back to top Go down
Lord Kraytt

Lord Kraytt

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Nothing this weekend according to facebook:

"We wanted to let you know that our games will not be up this weekend. We are working around the clock to get our services back up and running soon. Thank you for your continued patience and support."

Was posted 4 minutes ago... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bad MrFrostie

Bad MrFrostie

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:43 pm

well everyone in the league stay patient and when the game come back up we are hitting it hard try to become the best on the server raids and everything !!!!
Back to top Go down
SilentNite

PostSubject: Woot iPad freindly   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:52 pm

Yes. I was able to check the website from my ipad.

On to the topic at hand. I plan being available for the Saturday and Sunday raids. If I am needed. Now I just need to know.

Everyone want me controller or dps? Doing a half build is not going to work to well. I think that is a better topic than s
"Sony suxs as they are offline" :p. But I am crazy that way.

Oh and "Happy Mother's day to are mom leaguers and wife's of our Leaguers". Hope to see everyone back online soonish

Silent Nite
Back to top Go down
Bad MrFrostie

Bad MrFrostie

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:41 pm

well brother its really going to depend on who shows up on which spec we are going to need you . tectonically its good for every one in the league to get gear for both specs so if need peeps can fill other rolls for the benefit of the league !
Back to top Go down
SilentNite

PostSubject: Raiden   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:27 am

I agree. Right now I have been working on my controller gear. Last raid I was asked to dps (which I had fun at). I only issue was I had no gear for it. I was able to still rework my spec for dps. I still want to get all the controller gear. I was just trying to see which gear was more important for me to get so when we got operational I could focus on it
Back to top Go down
Bad MrFrostie

Bad MrFrostie

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:09 pm

well focus on the one you have more fun doing .we are here to have hella fun !! But still get gear for both specs in-case the league needs it .
Back to top Go down
Bowdin

Bowdin

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Well after a breif conversaiton with a DC official or tele personell I asked "is the game going to be off all the way to the end of the month" he replied ......He cant forsee the servers being down for a whole month, but they are rest assured working arround the clock to get the DC game back online. So for all the Facebook people who try to keep up on whats going on it will be up befor the end of the month. tough it out ...hang in there ...And for us Epilogians.........See u all soon!
Back to top Go down
SilentNite

PostSubject: Update   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Thank you for the update. To bad it is suppose to rain this weekend
Back to top Go down
Shriek Owl

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:25 pm

More Info
Massachusetts Residents
Puerto Rico Residents
Customer Service Notification
Recent Updates
Identity Protection
Press Release

May 12, 2011

We thank you for your patience as we continue to work around the clock to restore our game services. We know this has been a frustrating time for you and appreciate your understanding as we work to confirm the security of our network.

In light of the recent outage of Sony Online Entertainment's game services due to April's cyber-attack, we are committed to compensating our loyal player base for the inconvenience caused by the data breach and lost game time while we improve our security measures.

We are currently in the process of an extensive upgrade to our network to further protect your information from future attacks. It will likely be at least a few more days before we restore our services, and when we come back online, here is what you can expect for each of our game services.

First and foremost, all impacted players will receive 30 days of game time added to the end of the current billing cycle in addition to one day for each day the system is down. Additionally, many games are offering a variety of in-game items and special events to welcome players back once our services resume (per the outline below). This is true for both PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system based products.

•DC Universe™ Online: Batman™ and Two-Face™ Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
•Free Realms®: Free daily items (7 to collect)
•Clone Wars Adventures™: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
•EverQuest®: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
•EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
•Vanguard: Saga of Heroes®: A series of Double XP events
•Star Wars Galaxies™: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, the Slave I™
•Magic: The Gathering - Tactics™: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
•PoxNora®: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash

For our lifetime subscribers, we'll grant in-game currency; specifically 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe Online (in addition to the items listed above).

And finally, our Station Access subscribers will receive 500 Station Cash, in addition to the subscription time and items listed above.

Additionally, we announced today that SOE will provide its U.S.-based Station Account holders with complimentary enrollment in an identity theft protection program through Debix, one of the industry's most reputable identity protection firms. For Station Account holders who live outside the U.S., SOE will be offering similar programs, if and as available, and will provide details as they're confirmed for each country or territory.

We continue to work around the clock to restore SOE's services and thank you for your continued patience as we complete our investigation of this criminal attack.

Thank you,
Sony Online Entertainment

Back to top Go down
Bad MrFrostie

Bad MrFrostie

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Thank you for the update !!
Back to top Go down
Coral Nyx

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:15 am

Hey folks, still waiting on an update from sony, been about 36hrs since the Facebook page was updated (I'm usually on there, names Matt Quirk) which seems a little unusual considering they've been saying the same thing every 24hrs "thanks for your patience etc etc".

Havn't been able to really get my head into another game, not much really piqued my interest atm. Dying to get back into DCUO.

Cyas once we're back on
Back to top Go down
Bad MrFrostie

Bad MrFrostie

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:27 am

Same here brother ! cant wait to get back in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alarm

Alarm

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Servers went back up so I changed the topic title.

Edit: password reset server seems to be down, but hopefully will get fixed when soe wakes up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)   Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Login Servers Back up (Saturday May 14)
Page 1 of 1